Received a BSc in Physics (Kings College London, UK), an MSc in Environmental Science with Legislation and Management (Brunel University, UK) and a PhD in Geographical Sciences (Bristol University, UK). She has over 10 years experience working in the private, NGO and academic sectors in several countries and her research interests are situated in the interdisciplinary areas of climate change, land use and natural resource management. It includes adaptation and mitigation reflecting a keen interest in policy formation and implementation across different scales, notably in the forestry context. She is currently a “Juan de la Cierva” post-doctoral fellow and is developing research on REDD+. Kaysara is also a technical panel member for the Global Conservation Standard (GCS).
- Kaysara Khatun (2012- accepted) - Ensuring rights to forest land and resources for rural communities in India by integrating national forestry initiatives with international climate change mitigation activities. Climate Policy, published by Taylor & Francis.
- Hofmann, M. and Khatun, K. (2012) Facilitating the financing of bioenergy projects in Sub-Saharan Africa. Energy Policy, published by Elsevier.
- Kaysara Khatun (2012) – Reform or Reversal; Implications of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) on Land Use, Land Use Change and Forestry (LULUCF) in Developing Countries Conservation Letters, published by Wiley-Blackwell.
- Ibon Galarraga, Nuria Oses, Anil Markandya, Aline Chiabai, and Kaysara Khatun (2011) - Aportaciones desde la economía de la adaptación a la toma de decisiones sobre Cambio Climático: un ejemplo para la Comunidad Autónoma del País Vasco, Economía Agraria y Recursos Naturales (Special issue on Economics of Adaptation).
- Michael Hofmann, Glynn Morris, Grant Ballard-Tremeer and Kaysara Khatun (2011) - Bioenergy for Sustainable Development in Africa: Chapter 16- Financing of Biofuel Projects in Africa BOOK: Compete (EU project 6th framework), published by Springer.
- Kaysara Khatun (2011) - Reconciling timber provision with carbon sequestration opportunities in the tropical forests of Central America, Environmental Science & Policy, published by Elsevier.
- Aline Chiabai, Kaysara Khatun, Ibon Galarraga (2010) Valuing the Impacts of Sea Level Rise on Coastal Habitats and Ecological Services: Case Study for the Basque Country, 12th BIOECON Conference, From the Wealth of Nations to the Wealth of Nature: Rethinking Economic Growth, Venice (Italy). www.bioecon.ucl.ac.uk/10papers12.htm.
- Aline Chiabai, Kaysara Khatun, Julia Martin-Ortega, and Elena Ojea (2010) Economic Assessment of Ecological Services in Tropical Forests: Potential for Conservation Policies in Central America, 11th Biennial Conference of the International Society for Ecological Economics: ISEE 2010: Advancing Sustainability in a Time of Crisis, in Bremen (Germany).
- Kaysara Khatun, Paul J Valdes, Wolfgang Knorr and Rajiv Kumar Chaturvedi (2010) - Assessing the mitigation potential of forestry activities in a changing climate: A case study for Karnataka Forest Policy and Economics, 2010, vol. 12, issue 4, pages 277-286, published by Elsevier.
- Khatun, Kaysara Valdes, Paul J. Knorr, Wolfgang Khalid, Monowar Alam (2010)- Exploring synergies between the Clean Development Mechanism and national forest policies in India to advance sustainable development for a post-2012 climate policy, Climate and Development, Volume 2, Number 3, 2010, pp. 207-220(14), published by Earthscan.